Name of establishment: Food and Malt
Background: Food and malt is a collaboration between Anders Braathen and Even Vehla. Anders Braathen has a background as a master brewer at Brooklyn Brooklyn Brewery, New York and Nøgne Ø brewery In Grimstad. He also worked as a restaurant manager at Uncle Billy’s Brew and Que in Austin, Texas as well as a cook on Rita’s Bar and Diner In London. While abroad the friends discovered Dude food as a growing trend. But instead of Kebabs and Sausages as a meal. Customers can instead enjoy home made good quality food on the streets or at a pub. With their new company “food and Malt” the friends want to introduce this food culture combining it with the microbrews trend.
Food: Good quality home made lunches and evening snacks and a great selection of beers complimenting each meal.
Location: Meat Bazaar
Target Audience: Young urban individuals between the ages of 18 and 35 interested in culture, food, design, trends and night life.
Competitors: Naboen, Henrik Øl og Vinstove and Spisekroken.
Positioning Axis: Traditional with a modern twist. Cheap. Dishes to around 100-150 NOK
Style Expressions: Hipster, letterpress, quality, homemade, professional
The requirements for the logo are:
- It should be simple and easily recognizable.
- Timeless, and preferably not more than 2-3 colors.
- Optional – the logo can contain symbol / figure / ornament.
Who are the main market competitors and how is their design?
What defines the target group
Which characteristics should the logo show.
The design challenge.
Idea development and sketches:
- Use different methods and techniques to come up with ideas for the design.
- Digitize the logo in Adobe Illustrator
- Produce the logo in the following color spaces:
- When submitting, the logo should be presented in a profile manual with the logo in the above colour options. A colour swatch also needs to be included. Please see an example of a profile manual on Moodle.
Here is my report: ma02-report_aamot